Entrepreneurship is hard. It requires consistent discipline, and confidence in yourself.
But I know you, you’re determined to find a way to make the entrepreneurial grind work. So I'm giving you the 10 daily habits of happy and successful entrepreneurs.
1. Create A Routine
- Successful entrepreneurs do the same thing every morning and every night to help them stay grounded and consistent.
- Entrepreneurship is stressful and you’ll find stable routines become the bedrock on which you structure your life.
2. Start Your Day With Your Hardest Task
- It makes every other task seem easier by comparison.
- It immediately gives you that rush of accomplishing something worthwhile.
- It prevents you from procrastinating on important tasks for too long.
3. Workout And Meditate
- Don’t make excuses.
- Fitness and mental calm are crucial for a happy lifestyle.
- They’re the building blocks of productivity not just for days, weeks or months. But years and decades.
4. Plan Tomorrow, Today
- Make a list of tasks for tomorrow, and plan how different meetings, appointments and so on will all be chained together.
- This allows you to get ready for tomorrow when you’re awake and alert.
5. Align Yourself With Your Priorities
- The common way of doing this is goal-setting.
- Some people find having time frames like 1, 3 and 5 years helpful others think that makes it easier to procrastinate on the later ones.
- The trick with this system is to continually pull goals forward as the situation in your life changes.
6. Keep Track Of Your Progress
- The best way to do this is to keep a daily journal. Find a system for yourself that works.
- Keeping track of your days, weeks, months, thoughts, ideas, dreams and perceptions is crucial to staying grounded in your own life.
7. Make Time For Your Community
- We each have our community. Whether it’s family, friends, sport clubs, co-workers or anyone else you like spending time with.
- Make sure you recognize your who your community is, and make it a priority to be engaged, empathetic and present with each of them on an ongoing basis.
8. Encourage Your Team
- No matter what sort of entrepreneur you are you have some sort of team backing up your success.
- Your team is whoever you’re directly connected to in your professional life who you in some way rely on.
- Make time to encourage these people, do check-ins and make sure they’re aligned with their goals.
9. Prioritize Deep Work
- The most impactful entrepreneurs find time each day for working deeply on their most important objectives.
- It requires ignoring email, social media, and other small tasks that should be on the periphery of your working day, done once your willpower is used up and you’re tired and have accomplished what you needed to.
10. Schedule Some Learning Daily
- Entrepreneurs need to continuously learn. Make time every day for learning through reading books, doing exercises, and listening to podcasts.
- Look into your future goals and identify what skills or capabilities may eventually be roadblocks for you and start learning today to be ready for those challenges.
I hope these habits of successful entrepreneurs motivates you to go out and change the world!
Emily LaDrig is the Chief Execution Officer at Excelerate America, the fun, smart services for businesses looking to level up. Do your habits align to these or are they different? Let Emily know by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.